In order to prevent the operator from falling at a certain height and position, the operator must wear a safety belt when climbing and working at a height. The use and maintenance of seat belts have the following requirements:
(1) The role of seat belts must be emphasized ideologically. Countless examples have proved that seat belts are "life-saving belts." However, a few people find it troublesome to fasten a seat belt and it is inconvenient to walk up and down, especially for some small jobs and temporary jobs. They think that "the time and work for the seat belt are all done." As everyone knows, the accident happened in an instant, so safety belts must be worn in accordance with regulations when working at heights.
(2) Before using the seat belt, check whether the rope belt has deteriorated, whether the snap ring is cracked, and whether the snap ring has good springability.
(3) For high altitude operations, if the safety belt has no fixed hanging place, a steel wire rope of appropriate strength or other methods should be adopted. It is forbidden to hang seat belts on moving, sharp or weak objects.
(4) Hang high and low use. Hang the seat belt at a high place, and people working below are called high-hanging low-use. This is a relatively safe and reasonable method of linking to science departments. It can reduce the actual impact distance when a fall occurs. The opposite is low hanging and high use. It means that the seat belt is tied to a low place and people work on it. This is a very unsafe method of tying, because when a fall occurs, the actual impact distance will increase, and both the person and the rope will be subjected to a greater impact load. Therefore, the seat belt must be high-hanging and low-use, to prevent low-hanging and high-use.
(5) The seat belt should be tied to a firm member or object, to prevent swinging or collision, the rope cannot be knotted, and the hook should be hung on the connecting ring.
(6) The safety belt rope protective cover should be kept intact to prevent the rope from being worn. If the protective cover is found to be damaged or fall off, you must add a new cover before using it.
(7) Before using the seat belt, check whether all parts are intact. After using the seat belt, pay attention to maintenance and storage. To check the sewing part and hook part of the seat belt frequently, it is necessary to check in detail whether the twisted thread is broken or damaged.
(8) The safety belt should be kept properly when not in use. It should not be exposed to high temperature, open flame, strong acid, strong alkali or sharp objects, and should not be stored in a humid warehouse.
(9) The seat belt should be inspected once after one year of use. Frequent visual inspection should be performed for frequent use. If abnormality is found, it must be replaced immediately. Seat belts that have been used in regular or sampling tests are not allowed to continue to be used.